Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Helpful List




A Helpful List

I’m sure everyone already knows there are certain plants and trees that are poisonous to horses. I have a book identifying many of these toxic offenders but it doesn’t list all the plants I was interested in, so I did a little research online and came across this link:

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/plants/plant-list-horses.html?print=t

I like that it not only lists the toxic plants to horses but also the non-toxic ones at well. There is some useful information, if you’re interested. Originally, I was considering planting hostas around some trees by the barn for a ground cover; not anymore, though. I’m switching my pick to daylilies. Now if I could just get someone to help me plant them…



Until next time

Quote of the Day

A Rose has a sweet smell, A Kingdom has the scent of riches, A dog has loyalty in his eyes, but a horse has a big heart worthy of strength with the sweet scent of loyalty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.