Friday, June 13, 2008

Quick Update on Herd Dynamics


Quick Update on Herd Dynamics

It seems as if Donnie has somehow made his peace with Nate and Blue. He has been allowed back into the group and once again, they have become “The Three Stooges.” Nate and Donnie are now play fighting every morning, like the old days. Blue is back to his usual routine as well: march through the gate, head down, past the barroom brawl and straight into the back field for a day of grazing uninterrupted by the other two Stooges.

I don’t know what started the dissent in the ranks, but as of now, all is right with Donnie’s world once again. Surely all the extra attention and hugs have helped Donnie, and he would like to thank his fan club for all the well wishes.

During our heat wave earlier this week, we turned out at night and I am sure they all feel like grown-ups now after being on their own past dark. After breakfast each morning, a quick check of the barn would find them all snoozing peacefully. I can only say that, after the disruption of the past few weeks, seeing them all lying down and snoring away gave me that soft fuzzy feeling of contentment. All is right with my world too.

Until next time

Quote for Today

A little horseplay... the way best to enjoy a summer day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.