Saturday, December 28, 2019

Holiday Thoughts

" Erik "


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed spending time with family and friends.  We celebrated with family and extended family on Christmas Eve.  It’s always nice to have everyone together and catch up with them.  Now that the holidays are over and we’re heading for a new year I’d like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and extend a wish that all you hope to achieve in the new year becomes a reality for you.


The thought occurred to me that in the current times in this country we need to be grateful for family and friends who make us laugh and love each other no matter what’s happening in the world.  I was very touched with a gift my ten year old granddaughter made for me.  She is such a thoughtful and sweet girl.  A while ago I mentioned that I would like to someday have a painting of my first horse Erik. She took one of my favorite pictures of him and surprised me with a painting of him on Christmas Eve.  She did it in pastels in art class and really worked hard on it.  My other granddaughter baked a special apple cake and cookies and the boys made their version of homemade soap.  Everything was made with love and I’m a very lucky Grandma to have such wonderful grand kids and a lucky Mom to have my children grown into successful caring adults. 

So that’s what I’m thankful for in my life.  I’m sure we can all find things to be grateful for and look for the good in our lives.  It might sound a little kum ba yah but in these uncertain times I’m going to try to look for the bright side of things in the coming year.

Quote for Today 

 
I get up every morning both determined to change the world and have one hell of a good time.  Sometimes this makes planning the day difficult.
E.B.White

16 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a happy , healthy New Year A, and count me in on your gratefulness + looking on the bright side strategy for 2020!! Your Christmas card cracked me up. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that card too! A little humor is always good around the holidays.

      Delete
  2. Oh my- that painting is beautiful. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the painting and love the thoughtful gifts from all your grandchildren. You are lucky indeed! It sounds like a perfect holiday for you and your family. I’m on board with your new year plan. At just about any time you could drive by and find me at the barn singing my own invented version of “Kum ba yah.” :) Happiest of New Years to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and the gang at November Hill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely people you have in your life and I’m sure it’s because of the love you’ve guided them with. That’s a stunningly beautiful picture of Erik. My granddaughter surprised me last year with one of Tumbleweed and it hangs next to my piano. She and her family come over Tuesday for a late Christmas celebration. I had a photo book made of she and Penny and I’m going to measure her wrist for a bracelet. Life is good when we’re with the ones we love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your granddaughter will love her photo book and treasure it. The bracelet is a nice gift too. Your family reflects the love and caring you've brought to them too. Have fun Tuesday. Life if good!

      Delete
    2. So, she did appreciate the book. She started to cry. Then, she came over and hugged me and we both cried together. It was the first time we’d mourned with one another. It makes me cry all over again remembering it.

      Delete
    3. I'm sure she'll treasure the book always and the time you both shared with Penny. The book is a wonderful remembrance of Penny's life and she'll never be forgotten.

      Delete
  6. You are blessed indeed! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas. I love the painting...just beautiful. Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lori, I do feel blessed with a wonderful family. Hope you had a good Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! Let's hear from you on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That painting is such a beautiful heartfelt gift! I remember putting heart & soul into some special art projects from my youth. It is an impactful time for creatives. She will likely remember this painting forever, especially the joy it brings you. Your holiday thoughts are spot on, so much to be thankful for! Sending Happy Healthy New Year wishes to all of you, and *thank you* for being such a wonderful online friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for being such a wonderful online friend too! Have a Happy Healthy New Year and I hope you get to ride this year.

    My granddaughter was very proud of her painting and she worked so long and hard on it to get it just right. It's very special to me and I will always treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful gift! Your granddaughter is not only talented, she's so thoughtful too, what a sweetheart. I think handmade presents are the best! Your family is a true blessing. With a mum and grandmother like you, it's no surprise they've turned out wonderful :)
    Wishing you a blessed, peaceful and very Happy New Year and the best start to the new decade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. Handmade gifts are the best in my book too! Wishing you a Happy Healthy and Peaceful New Year. Hoping this decade will be the best ever for you and the boys.

      Delete

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.