Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ice Sculptures

 I was going to post pictures taken during our ice storm last week  from my  "Fortress of Solitude", but then I received these in an e-mail and my little ice pictures don't seem so special anymore.

"The Icicle Jail "


I don't know how they carve these sculptures but whoever the artists are have the talent for creating  beauty out of snow and ice.


Check out the scale of these sculptures compared to trees and people in the photos...
Photos taken and shared from the incredible ice sculptures submitted at the:

Fairbanks Ice Festival
  Fairbanks, Alaska











 Until next time


Quote for Today
"Some say the world will end in fire, some say ice."
  Robert Frost

1 comment:

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.