Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Would You Do This?


Would You Do This?

After having recently read this article in the New York Times, I got to thinking about what I would do if presented with these same circumstances. It didn’t take me long to figure out that I would never do this. After many years of interesting adventures and travels, I’m content to stay put where I am now. However, I wondered if I would still want to be here if I were younger; the answer remains unchanged. I’ve considered what it would be like to ride across the country on horseback and, while it may seem a romantic notion, I’m afraid that’s just what it is. How could I justify taking my horses on highways and putting them and myself in danger? Could I subject us all to the perils of the open roadways from the cars and semis and from the people driving these machines? Let’s face it, while most would just look and point, others might not have such good intentions. I’ll also confess to liking my creature comforts; showers, bathrooms, clean clothes etc…

I wish this woman well, and am gratified to see she is getting so much assistance from horse people on her journey. There are so many wonderful people from the horse community who come together to lend a hand to their fellow horse lovers. We meet them every day and I am thankful to be a part of this world.

A Woman on Horseback Finds Friends on the Road

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/us/13cowgirl.html?_r=1

Now that you have read the article, what do you think? Would you do this if you were in a similar situation?

Until next time

Quote for Today

My other car is a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.