Monday, August 31, 2020

Rosie & Grady

 
Over the weekend I began to work with Rosie again.  Basically, she’s been having the summer off because of our extremely hot and humid weather.  I’ve started by simple longeing in both directions to get her head back in the game so to speak. She looks really good and it seems her work ethic is still intact.  She’s such a good girl.


While I was longeing her all the other horses were turned out and beat feet to the back pasture.  Well, all except for Grady, who grazed outside the arena and waited for Rosie to be done. Grady's the guy who cares about the other horses in the herd and he didn’t want to leave her behind.  Which I was grateful for because it let Rosie focus on her work and not on everyone being out of sight. He’s probably the sweetest horse in the barn.

Here are a few pictures of the two of them together after her lesson:
Waiting for the "Treat Store" to open


" Please hurry, I worked hard for this treat and don't forget my buddy Grady, I'm buying this round"


Quote for Today
 He knows when you are happy.  He knows when you are proud. He also knows when you have a carrot.

8 comments:

  1. What a pair! Envious of you working with Rosie. It’s still too hot here for me. Guess what we’re dealing with now? Looks like Cody is brewing an abscess. UGHHHH. This too shall pass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I feel so bad for them with the pain of abscesses. We have had good luck with Epsom salt mixed with Betadine for soaking and them wrapping with Animalintex for the day with duct tape. Hope it blows out soon.

      Delete
  2. The end of the miserable summer is in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your weather has improved enough to work with your girl!! It is frustrating to wait all winter for warmer weather and then not be able to spend time outside because of extreme heat/bugs. What a sweet guy Grady is to wait for that good girl Rosie. We use the same fly masks, except for Harmony. I bought her a new Quiet Ride, but they are way too easy for her to take off. Then she comes in with yucky eyes, and I feel bad. Can't have that! So she is using Nemo's Crusader mask. He wore it as a top layer double mask at our trainers, so it's in good shape and has super strong velcro. Hehee. Those treat store faces are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard keeping their masks on. Whenever one is missing at night the next day we do a search and usually find them. The Crusader mask is a good one and should keep Harmony busy getting it off!

      As for the treat store, they all learn pretty quickly how to look cute and beg for treats after working.

      Delete
  4. OH my- those two are too adorable for words!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.