Saturday, August 1, 2020

A Sad Goodbye

" Ginger"

We recently had to say goodbye to our girl Ginger.  She was only four years old but the last year and a half was very hard on her health.   At three years she started having seizures and was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy.  Over time as her seizures got worse and more frequent, the vets just kept prescribing more medication for her.  We tried everything in the hope it would help, even CBD oil, but nothing seemed to work for her in controlling her seizures.   Ginger was a fun-loving frisky girl before her illness started but as her seizures became more frequent her zest for living seemed to wane.  It didn't seem her quality of life was the way it should be for her.  So, with her last round of multiple violent seizures which were coming one right after the other, I made the decision to let her go and end her suffering.  

Ginger was a happy girl who loved her family and such a little sweetheart. Of course, we all miss her terribly.  She will never be forgotten for her antics and personality.

Here’s a short slideshow of her life:




         I know that you must miss me,
By the tears rolling down your face.
But believe me when I tell you that,
I'm in a very good place.
There are meadows here to run in,
And plenty of rabbits to chase.
There are other dogs to play with,
To frolic with and race.
So please don't worry about me,
My spirit feels light as can be.
There's no more pain to plague me,
I'm young again and free.
And I'll be watching over you still,
of that you can be sure.
I'm your canine guardian angel,
And my love for you remains pure.

25 comments:

  1. What a lovely/loving tribute to Ginger. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so very sorry. What a grand dog she was. thank you for letting her go and being there for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa, she was a real character and always made us laugh at her antics.

      Delete
  3. Oh no :( I am very sorry the multitude of treatments didn't help your sweet girl. Absolutely not fair. You gave your beautiful Ginger the best, and out of love did the right thing and said goodbye. I wouldn't want to see her suffer either. I loved her slide show, thanks for sharing. What a character! Sending a hug, for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks aurora, it's been hard but it was the best option for her. We really miss her.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you CSL. I know you must be missing Hank too.

      Delete
  5. Oh, sweet and beautiful Ginger. It’s hard to say goodbye but you always do the very best for your animals and making this difficult decision was best for Ginger. Sending big hugs. I loved seeing the slide slow - what a beauty and a good girl who obviously loved life and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks billie. One thing about Ginger we so loved was her personality. As a puppy she was always into something. We got such a laugh with her around most of the time. My favorite was when she used to jump on the couch and rearrange the pillows to her satisfaction for a good nap.

      Delete
  6. I'm really sorry, what a beautiful girl she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you T. She was a cutie and always happy and smiling.

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear this. Even though you must know you were right to help her achieve peace, it can't diminish the heartache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been hard but it was the right thing to do for her.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely tribute to your beautiful Ginger.
    So sorry for your loss A. (((❤️❤️❤️)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. she was a good girl. We miss her.

      Delete
  9. Oh how very sad and devastating. My heart breaks for you. She was beautiful <3 I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Dom. She was a good girl it has been hard dealing with her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arlyne, I'm so sorry. Oh how it hurts to lose our beloved animals, and she was so young. But, you did her a kindness. I can't even imagine how terrifying that must have been. Please know that I share your sadness and pain. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the kind words Lori. It was a horrible thing to watch when she had her seizures and a little scary. But true to Ginger style after they were over and she wasn't disoriented anymore she'd go and stand by the cabinet where her treats were kept as if to say "how about a treat after that" of course, she got one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so very sorry for your loss - she was such a beautiful and sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathryn. I appreciate the kinds words.

      Delete
  14. I’m sorry I’m so late seeing this! These hard decisions for the animals we love are not easy. A hug to you, my friend. I know it must have broke your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. It’s been hard I’m still missing her.

      Delete
  15. So very sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.