Sunday, March 26, 2017

Happy Birthday Mr. Blue



"Happy Birthday" to me...umm, where's the treats!


Today is Blue’s birthday. He is now twenty years old.  I don’t think there is much more I can say about Blue that I haven’t already said. Blue has a special place in my heart and always will. He is one of those extraordinary horses that will bring a smile to your heart when you are around him.  He has a personality that is so unique it would be an understatement to say he is quite a character.

Over the years there have been so many occasions where Blue has been an unending source of joy.  I won’t go into all of his antics but I can tell you they were quite different than anything I’ve seen from other horses over the years and always amusing. His trustworthiness with whoever is in the saddle is another of Blue’s many attributes.  When I had my knee replacement and hadn’t ridden in months I chose him for my first ride.  We only went for a short walk down the alleyway between the paddocks and the road.  No sooner had we entered the alleyway than we were greeted with about fifty or so very loud motorcycles cruising down the road right next to us.  True to form Blue never even looked at them where another horse may have given me a ride for my money that day.  He is a horse who knows who he is and is always there to greet you with a nudge and a nicker.

There are not enough good things to say about this wonderful guy.  Happy Birthday big guy and may you have many more healthy years ahead.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Blue through the years:





 

Quote for Today
On the first day god created horses, and on the second day he painted the good ones.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your one of a kind gorgeous boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday handsome Blue! It seems like it was just last week when he turned 19. The year has flown. So happy he is so healthy and happy and your steady ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Blue. You are much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Blue- you are a treasure.

    I think that you two suit each other very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...I he had a great day and enjoyed a little extra attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Blue, hope there was a carrot cake in it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Happy Birthday gorgeous Blue!! What a special boy he is, I'm so glad that he's so steady and knows how to look after you :)
    Love the quote! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Handsome!! A truly wonderful personality AND unflappable - he's a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a very sweet birthday boy....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, Blue. I wish I was there to give him a treat and a hug!! What a sweetheart...and a looker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post I loved it! Very well written keep up the good work. Please visit https://goo.gl/yEoK3r

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.