Sunday, February 5, 2017

Happy Birthday Ginger!



" Happy Birthday Ginger"

This past Friday was my puppy Ginger’s first birthday.  I guess this means she’s not a puppy anymore but is considered an adult dog.  It doesn’t matter that she still hops up on my lap to watch TV or to just sit and snuggle.  I’ve told her she’s not a puppy anymore but she doesn’t seem to get it and thinks she still fits, all 56 pounds of her.  I’m still treated to an early morning hop on the bed with her licking my face before placing her head on the pillow next to me.  Then she will roll over on her back as if to say “ um, you could rub my belly now.” This is her general routine in the morning. Sometimes I don’t find it to be as cute as she thinks she is.

She celebrated her first birthday with a spa day at the groomers. It was necessary after digging in as many mud puddles as she could find before it snowed. Rolling around in shavings in the horse stalls is also a favorite pastime and if you hit a pile of manure, all the better! Ginger looks and smells a lot better.  Hope it lasts for a while…



Quote for Today
 
Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

11 comments:

  1. Happy bday Ginger! She is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Happy Birthday Ginger!! 1 year old already :) Not surprised she still thinks she's a puppy; our 6 year old kitty still thinks he's a baby and acts like it!! The pile of manure thing reminds me of one of my dad's dogs - only ever did it after he'd had a bath :)
    Great quote, and so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger looks like a super sweet girl! Hope she had a great birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Ginger is such a beauty! And your groomer did a great job. Little Wonder loves to get in my lap and he only weighs half as much. She sure loves you...lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Ginger. Kersey gets pretty muddy and stinky here too. ...ranch dogs... right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Ginger! Ranch dogs are the happiest...and stinkiest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how time flies - it seems like you just got that adorable pup. Ginger has evolved into a beautiful dog and sounds like she enjoys a wonderful life. Happy birthday Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday to your beautiful fluffy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some times the Saint will climb up into Mr Shoes lap; she is about Ginger's size, with much less hair, but I still seem to vacuum a lot.
    There's a story that, when you die, all the dogs you've ever loved will meet you at the gates of heaven. I've had a few really, truly great dogs over the years, & I hope the story is true because I'd so love to see them all again.
    Saint is one of the great ones.
    Manic Min Pin is probably going straight to hell so Probably won't see her.
    Just kidding - she's a nutter but she's still a pretty good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope you had the best day ever!!! You look so pretty in that picture:)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so behind in blog reading right now - sorry for the belated birthday wishes for Miss Ginger! She is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.