Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I Take It Back

 
Horse Snow Sculpture



If you remember my last post I said I was glad to be home from my time in Florida.  Well, as of today I’ve changed my mind!  It is snowing and blowing here.  The forecast was for about 28 inches of snow with high winds.  A real blizzard that could break the record set in 1941.  Great, just what I’d hoped for, setting a new record for snow.  We’ve since been downgraded to about 16 inches so I guess if I was an optimist that would be a plus…

This morning the plan was to let the horses relax in the barn for a little longer than they’re used to.  They usually are out and about by 7 a.m.  So there was time to shovel around the barn doors and fill the hay nets before they were turned out.  You would think they would appreciate not being turned out in this nasty weather, but they WERE NOT.  When the barn doors were finally opened their opinionated selves greeted their servant with pawing, squawking and general protests about not being outside yet. Or fed.  Apparently, service this morning wasn't up to their high standards.  They had taken everything off their doors they could get their mouths on and flung halters, lead ropes and whatnot into the aisle. I’m sure they will want to come in early after getting a dose of this winter storm, which is fine.  We live to serve.

A LITTLE SNOWY HUMOR






12 comments:

  1. My horses do the same kind of thing - Padre stands his front toes on the cross piece of his stall door & snaps his head towards the out door while grunting (he's so charming). Ingrates.

    I saw the news about that storm; tuck in & I sure hope your only problem will be more snow. Brew a cup of tea & "enjoy" this (probably) LAST storm of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irish is of the same opinion. It would be nice if they would say thank you once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are opinionated about such things, are they not? :) Ahh yes, we live to serve, we serve to live...favorite saying around our house. I only wish we had such caretakers who provided for our every need. *sigh* Not happenin'. Sorry about your weather. Around here it's STILL raining and raining and raining...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm raising my hand from Spokane. I've had enough snow AND rain. It's been a helluva year! Horses don't always know what's best for themselves, do they? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - we live to serve - hahaha!!! Mine were in the barn last night because of cold rain and wind. This morning it was still cold and still raining and the wind whipped up even more so I called our contractor and told him we needed the day off so my horses could stay in their barn. He said fine. About 4 hours later I went out to feed lunch and oh my gosh were the stalls a total nightmare. They weren't even closed in them but they had strewn hay everywhere, pooped huge amounts and stirred it all over the stalls (I'm sure it was the Big Bay who did most of the stirring) and it took me two hours to get the barn cleaned up. By then the weather had shifted some so I made them go into paddocks for hay. Tonight it's cold and windy again so I'm letting them stay in, again, but tomorrow they are back to the field as the roof work has to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our horses were only out from 8:30-10 this morning. We are still getting blasted with snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our horses had a snow play day, but we got much less then you did. Even this snow lover doesn't want snow in early Spring. Ground is already thawed and lakes are open here. We hardly got any in the winter ** when it's suppose to snow ** what's up with that?! Funny snow humor, thanks for the grins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you all made it through the storm okay! Please tell horses to file all complaints on official letter head and you will take them in to consideration :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this. I know my mules, donkeys and horses all took snow baths during our last snow. But it is gone already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! Hopefully all that snow is a thing of the past now! I will officially stop complaining about the unspring-like start to spring we've had today. Hope you and all your family are ok.
    'We live to serve' - I know what you mean; the cats were driving me batty with their 'shall I, shan't I' attitude to breakfast this morning :)
    Love the snow humour, especially the first one with the brave penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. Just catching up. Snowfall predicted here in NJ fell way short. Good thing, except that the rain mixing in froze everything up overnight and anyone who had not dug out on Tuesday was in deep trouble trying to get through the ice to dig out. I plowed Tues afternoon, so I was OK. We would have been far better off if it had been all snow. Hope you made out OK. I keep hoping Spring will get here, but even today, the temps keep toying with the concept. Horses? Blankets on, blankets off, repeat....

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.