Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Joke for Today


There's nothing much going on around here but I did get a cute email that gave me a chuckle. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Your Duck is Dead--D-E-A-D!

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon.  As she laid her pet on the table,
the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.  
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, “I’m sorry, your duck Cuddles,
has  passed away."    
The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"    
"Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the  vet.    
 "How can you be so sure?" she protested.
"I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything.  He might just be in a coma or
something."    
The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. 


He returned a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever.  As the duck’s owner  
looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination
table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom.  He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and
shook his head.  The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room.   

 A few minutes later he returned with a cat.  The cat jumped on the table and also delicately
sniffed the bird from head to foot.  The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed
softly and strolled out of the room.  
  
The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry,  
but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably,  a dead duck."  
   
The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed
to the woman.  The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill.  "$150!" she cried,
"$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"  
The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bill would have been
$20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now $150."

Until next time



15 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Thanks for the giggle this morning =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. That is great. I saw the cat scan coming, but this is the first I've heard of a "lab report".

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) That was Funny!! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good one. I didn't see where it was going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *rofl* That is funny! Was wondering where it was going with the dog & cat ... one worth remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard it before, but it makes me laugh every time. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good price for such professional opinions!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.