Annette from News from Aspen Meadows has given me this lovely award and I’d like to thank her for thinking of me. Now I’ve got to pass it along to fifteen other bloggers who I visit and enjoy reading. While it will be hard to narrow the field, I’ll do what I can and leave some bloggers out so others will have a chance to award their favorites.
Without further ado the awards go to:
Jane at The Literary Horse
Jean at Horses of Follywoods
Billie at camera-obscura
DJ at Oak in the Seed
Shannon at It’s Quarters for Me
Lori at C-ing Spots
Breathe at Horse Centric
Wolfie at What was I thinking…
Mary at My Boston My Friend
Fetlock at Pork Belly Acres
KC at All Horse Stuff
Margaret at Just Horses
Tammy at Horse Trail Riders
Carol at Dressage Training Journal
I’ve also got to come up with seven facts about me. Hmm, this is the hard part but I’ll put my thinking cap on—you know, the beanie with the propeller on top—and hope something comes to me.
Let’s start with:
· My uniform of the day is usually a sweatshirt and jeans with a pair of boots. I’m into wearing whatever is comfortable instead of stylish these days. I think I could become eccentric or colorful as I age.
· I’d like to think I’m and optimist at heart; the glass is usually half full, unless of course it’s half empty.
· Staying indoors is boring so I like to be outdoors every chance I get. Besides, if you’re inside with nothing to do, dust bunnies will hunt you down and eventually you'll have to clean them up.
· I wish, as I'd gotten older I'd have gotten smarter, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm still learning everyday, be it with horses, dogs or humans.
· I celebrated (probably not the best word) my 60th birthday in July. Still can’t believe I made it this far and am that old. Partly because I used to think 60 was really old and now I don’t anymore. It’s hard to accept the number when I don’t feel any different than I did in my 40’s or 50’s.
· I enjoy reading and usually read a few books a month.
· I feel privileged to be able to have horses on our farm and love interacting with them.
Until next time
Quote for Today
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.