Saturday, May 7, 2011

Updates On The Patients



Tuesday our chiropractor/acupuncturist came out to assess how some of the horses she’s been treating are coming along.  Nate did really well; he has no issues at the moment and can go back to work.  Grady was also given a good report card.  He’s been in regular work and I think that contributes to his overall well-being.  Blue was a little stiff in his back and needs to be ridden on a more regular basis to lose some weight and get in shape.  Dusty had a very stiff back, which is most likely due to her injury.  We’re sure she is compensating because her back legs hurt at the moment.

Friday our vet was here to give them their Lyme vaccines.  He also had us jog Dusty.  She still doesn’t look very lame at all considering how serious her suspensory injuries are.  Grady, Nate and Blue had their hocks injected with hyaluronic acid.  Blue and Grady were very well behaved and it goes without saying really that Nate was a PITA as usual.  They will all be spending today and tomorrow in their stalls.  Blue couldn’t care less; as long as he has food and a soft place to lay for his naps he’s fine.  Nate and Grady screamed for all their friends, who flat-left them for greener pastures, all day long. 

Once everyone was in for the night, it was all quiet on the western front.  I did tell them that they’ll thank me for this but I don’t think they believed me.  Well, maybe a few carrots will convince them.

Until next time
Quote for Today 
Poverty is another word for owning a horse...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.