Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Product Review







 MDC Intelligent Stirrups


I don’t know if anyone else has done a product review on the MDC Intelligent Stirrups  but since I’ve just tried them I thought I would put in my two cents.  I have been riding in my Herm Sprenger (click on link for product review) stirrups for a few years now and I still like them, but there is one problem with them that is no fault of the company’s; while mounting, it is awkward for me to pick up my stirrup on the offside.  This is more than likely due to being unfit and from having knee replacement surgery in my right knee.  It is difficult for me to turn my leg/toe into position to pick up the stirrup easily; although once I achieve this circus feat everything is fine.  So my daughter, who has no patience for my spastic mounting block rituals, bought me these MDC Intelligent Stirrups (the Ultimate model) for my upcoming Mother’s Day gift.

These stirrups are every bit as comfortable to my knees/legs/hips as are my other stirrups. They have the flexible bottoms and the best part is I don’t have to fish around for the stirrup; my foot slides right into it.  So, even if Dusty is being less than stellar in her mounting duties (not standing still/ taking off/being a pain in general,) at least I have some control and safety because my foot is already in the stirrup and I’m not searching for it while she’s trotting off.  I keep them at the 90-degree angle and when I dismount I turn them back to the traditional angle.  I haven’t tried the 45-degree angle yet.  They say that is more for show jumping and eventers and we’re definitely not up to that yet.

If you’re at all interested in these stirrups, I suggest checking out the link.  They have lots of different models and for those of you who don’t like the flexible stirrups they make a more traditional model with the adjustable knob on top.  The site will give much more information than I could. There is a video and reviews that are helpful too. They are a little pricey but they are worth it. 

Until next time

Quote for Today
How to ride a horse:
Step One - Mount the horse.
Step Two - Stay mounted ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.