Saturday, September 25, 2010

FEI Presidency Up For Grabs


I just read this article in the NY Times and thought it would be interesting to dressage enthusiasts. After glancing at the web sites of the men vying for the presidency I have no real opinion on who would be best suited for the job. Neither site had any comments on their position on Rollkur or the new LDR that I could find. However,  the candidate from the Netherlands has a letter of reference from Anky herself, so I'm a little suspect of him. The candidate from Sweden has all the usual "change for the better" politics as does the candidate from the Netherlands. Since it's all politics as usual I think it's hard to believe anyone will do a better job than in previous years. You'll have to read the article for yourself and form your own opinions.

My personal preference would be to nominate a man like Philippe Karl, who has demonstrated a commitment to horsemanship that promotes total respect of the horse and rejects the use of force or other inhumane methods.

Until next time

Quote for Today
And He shall come in, riding a white horse...
    - Revelations

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.