Thursday, September 4, 2008

On Hiatus


On Hiatus

Just a quick note to let everyone know I will be gone for a few weeks. Tomorrow (Friday) I will be having some necessary surgery, a TKR (total knee replacement). I’m sure everything will go fine, but I will be unable to post. When I arrive at the rehab center for my physical therapy, I am told they have dial-up internet service. Depending on [whether they’re giving me enough medication to counteract] the frustration of using dial-up, I will try to visit everyone from there with my laptop and keep up with what is going on. The good news in all of this is the surgeon assures me I will probably be able to ride again in three months or so. I will be looking forward to finally riding without pain in my knee. There will be some clicking I am told, but I was considering clicker training Dusty anyway, and now it will be built in.

Enjoy the beautiful fall weather and riding your horses. See you soon.

Until next time

Quote for Today

If you have it, it is for life. It is a disease for which there is no cure. You will go on riding even after they have to haul you on a comfortable wise old cob, with feet like inverted buckets and a back like a fireside chair... when I can't ride anymore, I shall still keep horses as long as I can hobble about with a bucket and a wheelbarrow. When I can't hobble, I shall roll my wheelchair out to the fence of the field where my horses graze, and watch them.
- Monica Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take the time to visit. I appreciate your stopping by and commenting on what I've written. Even though I sometimes don't have the time to reply to each comment, I do enjoy reading them.